We welcome referrals from GP’s & Health Professionals
Information for Referring GPs and Health Professionals
Are there hidden health hazards of difficult relationships?
Recent research has shown that being in a poor relationship compromises your immune and endocrine function, and increases cardiovascular disease, chronic conditions, mobility limitation, and self-rated health and depressive symptoms, and as well, results in poorer physical health overall.
(Kiecolt-Glaser ad Newton, 2001, Mirowsky and Ross, 2003, Hughes and Waite, 2009; Zhang and Hayward, 2006)
More importantly, happy marriages have a preventative component that keeps you in good health over the years.
Being in a happy relationship inspires you to look after your health, and results in less cardiovascular disease and coronary events. If you are with a happy partner, you are more likely to report better health too. This happens above and beyond your own happiness.
(Waite, 1995, Zhang and Hayward, 2006, Miller, 2013, Lammintausta et. al, 2013, Chopik and O’Brien, 2016)
Our relationships are so interlinked with our physical health. Lets co-ordinate our efforts to bring the most healthy integrated change for our patients.
We at the Hart Centre are a team of highly skilled relationship and marriage psychologists, who are also skilled in treating anxiety, depression and stress in clients, quite often directly relating to relationship issues.
We are Australia’s leading group of Expert Relationship Psychologists, that take care of your patients with the same level of care that you do.
We understand that Psychological treatment under Medicare involves a collaborative approach between you, the GP/ psychiatrist and us, the psychologists. When you refer one of your client’s through to us, we ensure to keep you updated on their progress every step of the way.
Don’t just refer your important patients to just any general psychologist. We are an experienced, reputable and caring group of Relationship Psychologists with a very high success rate; which has allowed us to help over 10,000 couples across Australia over the last 15 years.
Why Choose The Hart Centre?
- Very experienced and caring psychologists
- Reasonable and affordable rates
- High success rate
- Collaborative and communicative approach with the referring GP, Doctor or Medical Professional
- Experienced in the specialised field of relationship and marriage counselling (including sex therapy, anger management, porn addiction, anxiety, stress and depression).
- We regularly collect feedback from every client to ensure the highest standard of care is provided
- We provide testing and assessment tools when required as an aid to support the therapy process
- We provide additional yearly training for our psychologists from world-renowned experts in the field of relationships, sex and marriage
- We match each client with the most suitable psychologist and location
- We maintain high levels of practice by sharing our collective resources and ensuring our psychologists are informed about current mental health developments
- Several of our psychologists speak languages other than English
- We have 75+ locations across Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Townsville and more.
The Hart Centre (and Julie Hart, Director) have been featured as an Expert Relationship Psychologist by:
- ABC (radio interview)
- Body and Soul
- Australian Women’s Weekly
- Essential Kids
- The Courier Mail
Call our central number on 1300 830 552 to access 75+ psychologists across Australia who care about your patients’ relationships and health.
Patients are welcome to search the website for the psychologist they feel would be the best fit, or our friendly receptionists can help find a great match for them. Patients are offered the earliest available appointment at a location and time that is convenient to them.
Making a referral
We accept referrals under the Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative. All referrals by GP’s and other health care providers must be submitted with a Mental Health Care Plan. Unfortunately we don’t accept ATAPS referrals, and we are unable to offer bulk-billing.
Under Better Access, eligible patients can receive Medicare rebates for up to 10 individual counselling sessions in a calendar year and 10 group sessions in a calendar year.
We accept referrals by hand delivery from patients, email or fax:
Hand delivery: please have your patient take the MHCP with them to their appointment
Fax: (07) 5676 5955