We can help you find the love that seems lost under the problems
We take a positive approach when helping you with your relationship problems
It can be difficult not to feel quite negative about your relationship when you are experiencing many problems with it.
An important part of our couples counselling is to give each of you the opportunity to share what are the problems and issues for you in your relationship.
In helping you to resolve these problems, we find it is important for our approach to be as positive as possible.
We do this by focusing on a number of things:
We help you look at what dynamics you as a couple may have unwittingly fallen into, which can help take away the sense of blame that is easy to attribute entirely to your partner, so instead, the two of you can form an alliance in working on it.
Additionally, quite early in the process, we have you create your positive want list based on your issues, and in doing this, we are able to work with what you are wanting that will make your relationship great for you, providing a positive repairing of your relationship.
We also show you how to communicate more honestly and openly, encourage and nurture your romance, identify your love languages, make quality time together, and celebrate improvements together.
As you progress, good will and a deeper understanding between you and your partner can begin to grow, along with a mutual appreciation, and you can feel more and more in a positive spiral again.
We can show you how there is hope amidst the negativity, problems and hopelessness that it is easy to feel when you are experiencing relationship problems.
Your initial session is for 50 minutes. Further sessions are available in the same 50 mins format, or alternatively you may choose, 1 and a half hours, 2 hours, or 3 hours sessions.
We also have sessions available by Phone and Skype. After hours times are also available at select locations.
Here are some of the common problems our marriage and relationship counselling can help you with:
- We have lost that loving feeling; I don’t know whether I even love my partner, or I love him but am not ‘in love with him” any more
- We are like flatmates rather than partners, friends but not lovers anymore
- We argue, complain about and criticise each other
- One or both of us shuts down and withdraws rather than communicates well
- My partner is controlling or verbally abusive and I can’t stand it any more
- My partner doesn’t show me any affection
- We have no love life
- My partner won’t take his/her share of the responsibilities
- My partner (or I) have had an affair
- We can’t agree on finances, child rearing, or where to go on holidays
- My partner has to have his or her own way all the time
- I have problems with my in-laws, or interfering parents
- My partner is not supportive of me at all
- My partner won’t listen to me
- I don’t remember the last time we spent any quality time together, or had a Date Night
- We have a blended family. How do we manage stepchildren?
- I have no interest in sex any more
- Somehow I have lost myself in my relationship
- We can go days without talking
For more information, check our frequently asked questions about the relationship counselling process.
Couples Counselling and Marriage counselling sessions are 50 mins
Cost: $160 ($175 for after hours sessions or for all sessions at CBD locations)
Private Health Insurance Rebates apply, and Medicare Rebates may apply.
(please check for details)
Phone 1300 830 552 to enquire or make an appointment.
February 10, 2017Read More
February 3, 2017Read More
October 19, 2016Read More
October 12, 2016Read More
October 5, 2016Read More
September 28, 2016Read More
September 21, 2016Read More
- Break up
- Couples counselling
- Financial stress
- Individual counselling for relationships
- Marriage counselling
- Personal growth
- psychological wellbeing
- Relationship counselling
- Relationship happiness
- Relationship problems